Louisville, Kentucky - March 22, 2007
— International Truck and Engine Corporation, a Navistar company, for the first time displayed its full lineup of MaxxForce™ International Diesel Power engines to the public today at the Mid-America Trucking Show.
MaxxForce-brand diesel engines are the signature powerplant for International® brand on-highway Class 4-8 commercial vehicles. In North America, the seven-model MaxxForce product line ranges from the upgraded V-6 MaxxForce™ 5 to the two new MaxxForce Class 8 big bore engines.
MaxxForce engines stand for performance — reinforcing International's commitment to high-quality trucks and engines — and are backed by the largest commercial truck dealer network in North America with more than 900 dealer locations, 7,000 service technicians and unmatched parts availability.
The MaxxForce engine lineup
For 2008 model year trucks, the MaxxForce engines lineup includes:
- MaxxForce™ 5, built on International’s V-6 engine platform, features an upgraded intake throttle, a larger EGR cooler and enhanced electronics. It will power Class 4-5 International® CityStar™ commercial trucks with 200 horsepower and 440 lb.-ft. of torque.
- MaxxForce™ 7, International’s all-new V-8, features high-pressure common-rail fuel system with Piezo injectors that reduces idle noise by 71 percent and improves fuel economy even with the use of aftertreatment and ultra-low-sulfur diesel fuel to meet stringent clean air goals. The MaxxForce 7 powers Class 5-7 International® DuraStar™ series medium-duty trucks, IC brand buses, International brand commercial buses and two vehicles in the International XT Family. MaxxForce 7 offers ratings of 200-230 hp and 560-620 lb.-ft. of torque.
- MaxxForce™ DT is built on the legendary DT 466 inline 6-cylinder platform and features a premium wet-sleeve design, maintenance-free closed-crankcase ventilation and electrical upgrades including an electronic-control module (ECM) with 32-bit processor and cam-style locking connectors for the wiring harness. These provide reliability, durability, optimal fuel economy, improved serviceability and lower cost of operation to owners and operators. MaxxForce DT powers Class 6-8 DuraStar™ and WorkStar™ trucks with 210-300 hp and 520-860 lb.-ft. of torque.
- MaxxForce™ 9, built on International’s industry-leading I-6 architecture, features a bigger EGR system and a foam-molded wiring harness for reliability. An updated crankcase ladder provides added rigidity, strength and noise reduction, which contributes to durability and driver comfort. The MaxxForce 9 powers Class 7-8 DuraStar™ and WorkStar™ commercial trucks with 300-330 hp and 800-950 lb.-ft. of torque.
- MaxxForce™ 10, also built on the I-6 architecture, features dual EGR coolers, steel pistons and a titanium turbocharger compressor wheel in order to provide increased reliability and durability for high horsepower and torque applications. MaxxForce 10 powers Class 8 WorkStar™ and TranStar™ trucks with 310-350 hp and 1,050-1,150 lb.-ft. of torque.
- MaxxForce™ 11 and MaxxForce™ 13 are International’s new big bore diesel engines for the Class 8 truck market. These engines take advantage of recent technological advances to offer drivers a strong compacted-graphite iron cylinder block without added weight, outstanding fuel economy, excellent power characteristics and low noise, vibration and harshness. The MaxxForce 11 and MaxxForce 13 will be offered in late 2007 in International® TranStar™ tractors, International® WorkStar™ trucks and the new International® ProStar™ line-haul tractor in early 2008. (See separate press materials for details.)
For more information on MaxxForce™ big bore engines, the entire line of MaxxForce commercial diesel engines and the MaxxForce™ International Diesel Power brand, visit www.maxxforce.com.
International Truck and Engine
International Truck and Engine Corporation is the principal operating subsidiary of Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV). The company produces International® brand commercial trucks, MaxxForce brand diesel engines and IC brand school buses, Workhorse brand chassis for motor homes and step vans, and is a private label designer and manufacturer of diesel engines for the pickup truck, van and SUV markets. The company is also a provider of truck and diesel engine parts and service. A wholly owned subsidiary offers financing services. Additional information is available at: www.internationalengines.com.